I promised to update this review if I found a strategy that worked.
Well, it’s a bit early to be certain but the strategy I am now following known as Strategy 1b on the Stop At A Winner Bot website is showing some progress.
I started following this strategy at in the last week of April. A steady profit was made for several days but then on the first day of May a stop loss was hit and the resulting heavy loss more than wiped out that profit. More alarmingly, the “official” results on the website did not show a loss for that day. That is not to say that the results are being manipulated but merely that there will be some minor differences in timing of bet placement that can make all of the difference. In a few vital seconds between the time of my bet placement compared with the “official” bet (and perhaps your bet) a number of things could happen:-
- The previous bet result may be settled. (This is needed before the next bet can be placed because of the recovery staking plan.)
- The odds may cross the threshold (e.g. if the odds of the favourite fall below 3.00 then the race is a “no bet”).
- The favourite may change from Horse A to Horse B.
Another stop loss was hit on the 27th May (which did appear in the “official” results as well). Despite this a profit has been made so far.
The bank is up by £89 to date using a £1 per cycle profit target. This represents a ROI of 10%. Whilst some way off the ROI claimed by Winning More, I hope that as time goes on my figure will become closer to Winning More’s. In fact, I would be more than happy if an ROI of 10% could be maintained for a system so simple to implement as Stop At A Winner Bot.